We believe in the importance of eating quality food. Starting in December, we will be offering organic eggs as an option with every breakfast we offer. We currently offer a number of organic items on our menu including: an organic vegan burger, organic steel-cut oatmeal, organic real maple syrup, and we only serve organic white and chocolate milk.
What makes an egg organic, you say? There are 4 requirements that must be met for chickens, and therefore their eggs, to be labeled organic:
1. The feed must be organic.
2. The chickens must have access to the outdoors
3. No hormones or antibiotics may be used on the animals
4. They receive better healthcare when ill and/or to prevent illness
Is there a difference in the quality of organic eggs? Yes! Here are some of the benefits:
1. Higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids (it's a good thing)
2. More vitamins than conventional eggs
3. Less pesticides or antibiotics consumed compared to conventional eggs
Check out this article on Livestrong.com for more information.